Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Too many chiefs not enough Indians.

Yesterday was a pretty long day. An easy day, but a long day. We played on that same simulator as Sunday but with bigger weapons. This time we fired the


M2 Browning aka Ma Deuce



MK 19 Grenade Launcher (40mm)



M249 SAW



M240 Machine gun

The top 18 shooters of the M249 and M240 (9 each) will get the chance to go to the range and shoot the real thing. I was not one of them. Which is great in my book. I've already fired them before so it wouldn't be a new experience for me, plus the guys who will be shooting it have to carry them around the whole time were here, and also when were overseas and I want no parts of that. But again the simulators were pretty cool. We got some good training. Tonight we are doing nighttime fire of the M16 I think. We'll see how it goes, especially in the rain.

1 comment:

  1. i keep picturing you arm crawling in the rain and mud with a big ole gun strapped to your back - like in the movies. have fun!

    ReplyDelete