Wednesday, April 8, 2009

N.ever A.gain V.olunteer Y.ourself

Nothing too exciting today. I'm going to try to update daily, so hopefully the other days are more interesting than this one. Today pretty much went down as expected. We went to class around 9am which was nice. The morning was spent in the classroom like yesterday. We went over the different manuals for the vehicle, operating the vehicle, and performing maintenance on the vehicle. We also took a test to get our license for the Humvee. Everyone passed the test, so we should be getting our licenses tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about driving the vehicle. I've attempted to drive stick a couple times and didn't do too well at it. These are actually automatic, but there are about 20 different combinations of gears. It's kind of hard to explain, but in a nutshell there are 3 shifters. One is your P, N, OD, D, 2, 1. Pretty standard. Than you have H, H/L, L and....... to be honest, some other stuff that I forgot already. If you can think of type of surface and degree of a slope, there is a combination of these gears for that. Which brings me to the maintenance of the vehicle. I'm pretty much a Jiffy Lube type of guy. A mechanics dream so to speak. Now I'm expected to perform maintenance on this monster? I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but to me it was a little intimidating. So that's pretty much it for today. Hopefully tomorrow we get to drive ;)



......And no, still no new uniforms for me. Hopefully tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment