Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's been a long day...

Today was our longest day so far. We started around 630am, and just finished up around 1030pm. We were at the shooting range the whole time. I'm pretty beat. We shot the M16 and the M9 (Beretta 9mm). I've shot both before, but its been awhile for the m16 (4 years) and I've never shot pop-up targets with the M9. So I was a little nervous about passing. I passed both first time up. I cut it close with the M16 though. It kind of funny though because we also shot both weapons at night and in pitch black darkness. I got perfect scores on both weapons. Normally it would be the other way around, but hey, I'll take it any way I can get it. Below is a picture of my first target. This is what they use to "zero in". It's for the M16. The purpose of zeroing in is to adjust the front and rear sights of the weapon to ensure your shots are on target. The target is on a regular 11 x 7 paper and is placed about 25 meters away. The distance and the size of the target shows where you would hit if that were a full size target 300 meters away.



The big news is that I finally got my uniforms in today. Tomorrow I will inventory the bag and try everything on. Hopefully all of that goes well. If you're lost click Really... to learn about my uniform issue.

1 comment:

  1. well done. those two misses could have been an innocent by-stander

    ReplyDelete