Friday, April 10, 2009

In My Nose?!

So we went Off-Roading today.....And YEAH......It was AWESOME. I got to drive for about 20 minutes. Its incredible how well this thing handled the terrain. Some of the hills were so steep, it was like when you're on a roller coaster at the top of the hill and you cant see the road below you. Except now you have to worry about making sure there isn't trees underneath you. I did pretty well. I only bottomed out once. The instructor did have to tell me to slow down a couple times though. It was too tempting to not test the speed boundaries going through 30 inches of water and mud.


Wasn't able to get a picture of me actually driving so you'll just have to take my word for it. So on the left you'll see me hanging out in the back seat while one of my shipmates drove.










This is a photo I took while riding in the back. You can't really see out the window, but its just hills and trees and stuff. The black thing on the right side if the picture is a sling where the man operating the turret would sit.


So yesterday I mentioned a little bit about this Combat Lifesaving training. Yesterday we just had a briefing about the training we will be getting and I'm scared. Not only will be giving each other IV's, we will also be shoving breathing tubes up each others noses. Their words of encouragement were "as long as you stay relaxed it's not that bad" and "when they tried it on me I got three bloody noses". Boy. Thanks for the motivation. A couple guys here are paramedics and they were always taught that you will only put these tubes on someone who is unconscious. I guess that doesn't apply to soldiers. Haven't gotten a date on that training yet, but I have a feeling I may come down with the flu that day.



Here's a video I found of someone else going through it.


1 comment: