Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not a whole lot new going on out here in the sandbox. The base has been busy, so I made sure to buy a couple extra bottles of soap and shampoo in case they sell out. Tonight there was a country concert here. Artie Dean Harris was the singers name. I'm not really a big country fan, but without much to do here I checked it out. It was a pretty good show. He has opened up for a few big country singers and I guess he is releasing his first album soon. I think he said he opened up for Big & Rich, Kelly Coffey, Emerson Drive, Daid Alan Coe, and a few others I didn't recogonize.

On my days off I have been pretty bored so decided to start getting into weightlifting and volunteering at the USO here on base. I'm pretty excited about working at the USO. From what I understand I will just be doing random odd jobs they have there. Keeping myself busy should help the time go by faster on those days off.

On a more somber note, our cat Kanga died today. Not sure what from. Christina was at the beach when it happened. Here are a few photos of her:







1 comment: