Friday, July 24, 2009

"The IA Experience"

Since I started this blog a few months ago I have recieved a few emails from other Sailors who are scheduled to go on deployment to varios places as an IA (Individual Augmentee). They mostly consist of questions about what to bring and what to expect. I'm happy to hear this blog has become somewhat of a place to prepare them for thier deployment. In doing some research to help one of the people who emailed me, I found that another Sailor had created a blog which is a little more "informational" than my stories can be at times. While I highly recommend this blog for those who are seeking to learn more about being an IA, please don't hesitate to email any questions you may have. The writer of this blog also added my blog to his list of IA links back in April so thanks to him for that.


The IA Experience :
"I came across a post on Eye of the Storm mentioning that the "collective Navy Individual Augmentee experience" is one of three books not yet written that Charles would love to read. Me too. I'm on the hook to head into an IA this year, and in trying to learn whatever I can about what the next year holds I have come to the same conclusion as Charles: the IA is a unique part of Navy history that needs to be recorded for posterity. So this might end up being another blog about my IA, when it arrives. Or it might work out to be a step toward recording others' IA experiences for posterity. We'll see. For now, I've linked to any Navy IA blogs that I can find on the right side of the page in the hopes that people can use this page as one stop shopping to see what's going on in the world of Navy IAs today."

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul,
    Glad the Care Package made it to you intact. We wouldn't have wanted Trent's diaper to have fallen out somewhere along the way!! And, don't be concerned about pigging out on snacks before bed...there's plenty more where they came from...Just make sure you brush your teeth afterwards!
    Lots of Love,
    Aunt Dor & Fam

    ReplyDelete