Sunday, May 17, 2009

Counting down the days....



I'm almost done...............training that is. Still a long ways to go overall, but at least I get to go back home for a bit. So by this time next week, I should be home watching TV and hopefully having a beer or two.............or 5. Training the last few days, as I said before has been a little boring from a learning aspect. The last two days we have been going through STX (pronounced sticks) training. What we do is they teamed us up with a partner, and we go on "patrol". We drive around in this beat-up truck, reminds me I gotta get a picture of this heap, and respond to mock police calls. Larceny, assault, suicides, traffic accidents, rapes, etc. The Army has done a pretty good job with this type of training throughout my time here by the way.

Once again they hired actors for us to play with. I wonder how much they get paid, because they go all out for these scenarios we respond to. I wrestled with a guy "involved in a fight" today for a good 5 minutes before I got another officer to help me and the two of us finally got him sprawled out on the ground, and then another 5 minutes trying to get his hands behind his back so I can cuff him. I was digging my knuckle into every pressure point I could reach and wasn't getting any reaction out of him.


Once I finally got him cuffed, I had to ask him if he felt me using those pain compliance techniques (pressure points) on him. He laughed and said "Hell yeah I did! Stuff hurt!". I just kind of laughed and tossed him in the truck to take him in. In my head, I'm like "I hope this guy gets paid well, cause putting up a fight like that was pretty unnecessary for training purposes". I heard most of them are pretty hard up on money and get paid around 50 bucks a day. But still, they told us for the physical scenarios to only go 10% speed and power on these guys, and I'd be more than happy to, but if they wanna dance than I'm happy to do that too. 50 bucks to get your butt kicked for 8 hours? Doesn't seem worth it when he could of just put up a 10% fight and still get 100% of the 50 dollars. To each his own I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment