Sunday, September 20, 2009

Skype!

Not sure if I have told everyone or anyone, but I have been able to communicate with Christina over here using a program called Skype. Not sure if it is very popular in the states or if anyone even knows what it is. For the sake of the blog, I'll just assume everyone is clueless about it.

Skype is a program you can download to your computer for free. Once on your computer, you can use Skype to make calls to other people who have Skype on their computers. These calls are completely free. To make it even better, if both of you have a webcam, you can make video calls so you can see each other. If that's not enough for you, you can pay a monthly fee and call home and cell phones. There are cheaper ways of doing those though.

Its a great service. It's perfect for military on deployment or kids away at college. We try to talk on there once a week. It's tough with the time difference, and our schedules. When it is good for both of our schedules, my roommate is usually sleeping, so we end up not doing it, or I resort to whispering. So we have only been able to do it a handful of times. The other problem has been that terrible Internet connection out here. It has gotten much better though. Below are a few pictures I snapped while talking to her. She will most likely be angry, so I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist. At least I didn't post them on your facebook ;)


Martini and Christina


Roo and Christina



Not sure what I said to get this reaction. If you have a good guess, please post in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul, That's awesome that you guys have access to Skype and that you both have webcams! I'm sure it helps alot. A handful of times is sure better than NO times. And, yes, your right, Christina would kill you, if only she didn't love you sooooo much! When you get home, you & Christina are gonna have to hold Computer & Skype 101 classes for the rest of the family. You guys are so savvy in all this stuff we're jealous. I'm sure your class would be full: ) Take Care...
    Love,
    Aunt Dor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Paulie,
    That last picture is classic- and yes, Christina would be strangling you through Skype if she saw that posted on her Facebook page, lol. Hope all is well. Thank for keeping us up to date on your page. Come home safe!

    Lauren Thomas

    ReplyDelete